Search Unity

Issues with Model Target import from Model Target generator

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by Jonkai, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Jonkai

Jonkai

Hi.

I've been having a bit of a problem the last day or so regarding actually importing the Model Target into the unity scene.
    I've followed the Model Target Generator tutorials for the Mars Lander from Vuforia and have then followed the tutorials that allow you to import it Unity and set it up as the Model Target in the scene.

The problem I've got is that when I import the .unitypackagefile target model into the project, the actual model and 2D guide lines don't appear within the scene. There is a 'ModelTarget' in the Hierarchy but I don't think the actual model has been imported as in the Assets folder there is no model (see picture).

I followed the tutorials exactly as they were laid out, and from the importing of the .unitypackagefile the target model should work. So not too sure what might have gone wrong.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

UnityArProblemImage2.png

2. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello,

My first thought is that there may be a version incompatibility between the version of the SDK you're using, and the version of the Model Target Generator.

Can you respond with both?

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

Jonkai likes this.
  3. Jonkai

Jonkai

Hi again.

I think you were right about the incompatibility of versions as my Unity Vuforia and my MTG versions were different.
    For some reason I wasn't able to update Vuforia through Unity (the link took me to a webpage that wouldn't seem to load), but I did manage to download the legacy version of the MTG that is in sync with my Unity Vuforia version.
    This has worked and I have managed to get it running.

Sorry that it was a pretty obvious mistake, but thank you very much for your help anyway.

meedabit likes this.
  4. KevinSalyer

KevinSalyer

The Model Target Generator and Vuforia Object Scanner Application create two different types of targets.