Search Unity

Issues with last SteamVR sdk

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by AnKOu, Nov 2, 2018.

1. AnKOu

AnKOu

Hello there,

I updated to the last version of the steamVR sdk.
    So far, it tracks my controller and their input, i've bind actions and all...

I am to the point where I need to make Vive Tracker work.
    They are connected, recognized, tracked by steamVR (as indicated in the steamVR panel).
    The problem is that I have no clue on how I am supposed to make them appear in Unity.
    For the controllers, there is the script SteamVR_Behaviour_Pose which works well but we are limited to only right or left hand and no tracker0, tracker1 in the input source.

What I have tried so far :
    In SteamVr Input : I created an Action Sets called trackers in which I have an Action called tracker0 with a pose type.
    In Binding UI : I assigned this pose as the action pose and the tracked is set as "vive tracker in hand".
    In Scene : I added a SteamVR_Behaviour_Pose with this action on a Transform.
    But it is not working...

So here is my question, how can we do in Unity to make a GameObject follow a tracked device such as a Vive Tracker ?

[Edit] : to track the position, we can use the SteamVR_TrackedObject script and assign a device index but how can we access to input (since SteamVR_Controller disappeared) ?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  2. figkw

figkw

I feel your pain. Have you had any luck sorting this out?