Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Issues with Editor.

Discussion in 'Linux' started by lowrad, Nov 30, 2018.

1. lowrad

lowrad

First, i am not a very experienced linux user, however i have managed to solves most problems i have encountered. That being said, i am using ubuntu 18.04.1LTS (fresh install) and have downloaded the latest release package from the HUB (version 2018.2.7f1).

The first issue is with the main editor window, i can't resize or move the window, the window does not have a title bar either. Seems like i am missing the window control which is annoying but something i could work with.

However, the second issue is much more problematic, after creating a new project (2d or 3d), i do have a bunch of errors in the console, similar to this one:
    The list goes on an on... These seems to be some packages used by the Unity Editor, and i am unsure why i am getting these errors. Do i need to install other packages?

Any help would be awesome!
    Thanks,

2. thobin

thobin

I too have been having problems like the OP is there a older version of Unity that the stability is better? This Substance thing barley works or not at all in version 2018.2.7f, Pro builder glitches out, Source Forge wigs out, most added assets, save textures and prefabs are almost useless in the Linux side of things. I cant stand Windows but Unity at least works.