Search Unity

Question Issues with darkness with soft occlusion bark shader

Discussion in 'World Building' started by unity_UZQP0eBX8RfOqg, Jan 30, 2021.

1. unity_UZQP0eBX8RfOqg

unity_UZQP0eBX8RfOqg

Hi there,

As you will realize, I'm a noob, so hopefully this will be an easy question. However, I've searched everywhere and could not find a working answer.

I build a custom tree in Blender, imported it in Unity and placed it in a folder I created and named "Ambient-Occlusion" (does it have to be somewhere specific in the Assets folder?). I then chose the Nature shaders "Tree Soft Occlusion Leaves" for the leaves material and "Tree Soft Occlusion Bark" for the bark material.

Everything works fine, the tree responds to Wind. The only issue is the side of the bark that is not facing the light: it's pitch black. You can see how different it is from the dark side of the rocks in this picture:

It stays black even if I put the material's Base Light slider at max and the AO slider at 0. In any case, everything else in my scene looks fine, it's only the bark...

Any help would be appreciated. They say there's a special place in heaven for people helping noobs...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  2. unity_UZQP0eBX8RfOqg

unity_UZQP0eBX8RfOqg

Bump.

Help... I've followed all the official instructions and seached everywhere :(

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021