Search Unity

Issues with Creator Kit: RPG

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by WikkSol23, Jul 24, 2020.

1. WikkSol23

WikkSol23

Hello,

I started getting into game design very recently and saw that Unity had the Creator Kit for an RPG which I thought would be great for me to start since I am not a coder. I was following along with the tutorial, however when I import the kit into Unity it gives me a bunch of errors and then when I try to launch the sample scene it doesn't let me cause of those errors. I've tried re-downloading and using an older version of Unity since some of the reviews said it worked with version 2019.2 but still nothing. Please if anyone can help I linked pictures of the errors I receive. Thank you!

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Most of the errors are related to the collab package, which I'm sure you're not using. Try opening the Package Manager window and removing any collab related packages. Then see what errors are left.

There's one about Text Mesh Pro 3.0.0, but as far as I'm aware that version is an unfinished preview still. The latest stable version I thought was still 2.0.1 or so. You can use the Package Manager to switch to different versions of packages.

3. WikkSol23

WikkSol23

Hey Joe,

I wasn't able to resolve the issue but the latest patch updated the toolkit for Unity 2020.1!