Search Unity

Question Issues with CCD and Addressable setup

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by Boketter, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Boketter

Boketter

Hello, I have several issues regarding being able to set up CCD with addressables in such a way that I'd be able to download content from it.

1. Getting content to load from the correct remote path.
    This is in relation to the Loady Dungeon demo project for the whole setup walkthrough (https://docs.unity.com/ccd/UnityCCDWalkthrough.html). I went through the whole process several times to verify if I missed something, but every time at the end, when it came to downloading content, it always ended up with a 404 error and it not being found. There was, however, some implication that it could be searching from the wrong environment.

The original suggested Remote Load path is:
    https://[PROJECT_ID].clie.../v1/buckets/[BUCKET_ID]/.../content/?path=

If I replaced all of the data with what was needed, and then tried to directly access a file, it doesn't work, the direct link also gives a 404. But, if I added the Environment path into it as well:
    https://[PROJECT_ID].clie.../v1/environments/[ENVIRONMENT_ID]/buckets/[BUCKET_ID]/.../content/?path=

Then this path started to successfully download content when used in a browser. So I changed the Remote Load Path to use this link instead. But no matter what I tried afterwards, the project still kept using the first link. I couldn't figure out if this is a link being internally used somewhere in the code or not, but simply changing the build path and making a new addressable build isn't enough.

Writing an update for this one.
    The first issue apparently fixed itself? I'm not sure if I installed something differently, but this time updating addressable builds made the correct link be used instead.

2. Accessing CCD content
    Is it possible to use CCD and Addressables with the Asset Database setting and simply using these things to check if new content is available, and download them under certain conditions? or is it only possible by creating addressable builds for each platform separately? With the latter, it might end up obstructing the current cloud build setup that I have for my main project, and with a client using it in the future, updating content is going to become a lot more confusing for them.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
  2. timtunity3d

timtunity3d

Unity Technologies

What version of Addressables are you using? There was a bug in earlier versions where it was very fussy and didn't save the value in the field if you didn't tab out of it. Since the field values cut off before the place where the URL changes it's very hard to detect this.

3. Boketter

Boketter

Apologies for the late reply, but I think the version that I was using at that moment for Addressables was the newest one visible through the package manager - 1.19.19