Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Issues with building APK for Android devices with Unity 2021.3.16f1

Discussion in 'AR' started by k_mueller12, Nov 21, 2023.

1. k_mueller12

k_mueller12

Hi all,

I am running into issues while building an APK for Android.

Unity version v2021.3.16f1 (this cannot be changed!)
    Building on Apple MBPro with macOS Sonoma 14.1.1

I am pretty sure it has something to do with the Unity version I am using since building APKs in other Unity versions is possible, and I also tested it with downgrading another project from 2022.3.1f1 to 2021.3.16f1 and trying to build it, and the Bugs are exactly the same. Unfortunately, I was not able to resolve this issue by myself.

upload_2023-11-21_9-12-2.png

This is a project with AR assets from the Snapdragon Spaces SDK - hence the post within AR.
    Thanks in advance!

2. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

There is not enough information here to give you any advice. You can select each of the errors in the Console view to view the full error log.

3. k_mueller12

k_mueller12

Found the issue, the problem was with the AndroidDebugKey - "A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.Workers$ActionFacade com.android.ide.common.signing.KeytoolException: Failed to read key AndroidDebugKey from store" - I deleted the corresponding file after making a backup (file is located at /Users/[User]/.android/debug.keystore), and after restarting the PC it worked without any issue.

andyb-unity and thomas_key like this.