Search Unity

Bug Issues using the editor with 2 monitors

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by JohnnieDyer, Apr 7, 2023.

1. JohnnieDyer

JohnnieDyer

Hi Ive got a weird issue when using the editor with 2 monitors. Im using Unity 2022.2.13 on windows 11 with 2 x 2560 x 1440 monitors.

The setup I have an issue with is the main editor windows on the right monitor (which is my main desktop monitor) and the animation and animator windows on the left as well as project settings. If i try to use things ont he 2nd monitor such as dropdowns in project settings window, try to add an animation parameter in the animator window or change animations in the animation window using the dropdown nothing works. I can however change animation key frames, play animations and setup links between animation states etc.

I have noticed that it only seems to be when the separate windows (not the main editor window) are on the left monitor. If i either swap them so the editor is on the left monitor and the separate windows are on the right, or if i go into windows display settings and drag the displays so that theyre now in this order 'right monitor - left monitor' instead of 'left monitor - right monitor' it works fine but this is no good for my setup.

If anyone has any idea how to solve this id really appreciate it

Pnvanol likes this.