Search Unity

Question Issues trying to run 2 animations at once

Discussion in 'Animation' started by PaperMouseGames, Nov 20, 2020.

1. PaperMouseGames

PaperMouseGames

Hi there! I'm working on a 2D game and I'm trying to animate my characters using a combination of frame animation and Unity animation (where you manipulate objects' scale, rotation etc. not sure what this is called).

So I have both of my animations made, and I made an animator controller with 2 layers set to Additive so that they can play at the same time.

The issue is, the sprite sheet animation (the frame by frame one) won't play. When I click on my root object, the animation window shows the timeline as expected but I have a yellow message saying that "Sprite (Missing!)".

As I experimented with this I found this issue can be fixed by adding a Sprite Renderer to my root object but then I can't move it around, I really wanted it to be a child object since the animation involves a character's wings and not the rest of the body.

Is there any way to do what I'm trying to do without having multiple animators and animator controllers? I feel like ideally I should only have 1 per character rather than 1 per animation that needs to play at the same time.

I'm really new to this so any help would be really appreciated!