Search Unity

Issues for Unity Connect team

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by pauliusuza, Oct 15, 2017.

1. pauliusuza

pauliusuza

Several issues I noticed while using Unity Connect:

1. When adding media to the project, the caption field becomes available when the image is still uploading. If you enter anything in the field, the contents re-set back to empty once the upload is complete.
    2. It is impossible to set a thumbnail for the post now. I have one post with all my concept art in it, and I would like to be able to update the thumbnail whenever I update this post. This feature was there before, now it's missing :(
    3. Two factor authentication through SMS is good, but using Google Authenticator or Authy would be 100 times better and more reliable. SMS sometimes fail to arrive on congested networks.
    4. Discoverability of projects or people to follow is very low, and it's hard to see how Unity Connect would achieve it's main objective without this. I would suggest tweaking the algorithm of the homepage feed to have a 50/50 mix of updates from people you follow, and others in the network which you don't yet.
    5. Social links: it would be great to have Behance, Artstation, SketchFab and Dribbble

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  2. kg-unity

kg-unity

Unity Technologies

really great suggestions!I think we should need to fix all of them. thank you very much!

pauliusuza likes this.
  3. pauliusuza

pauliusuza

Issues 1, 2 and 5 are fixed. Great job!

4. milamila

milamila

Hi, I created a comanypage in unity connect and made a mistake in the name somehow. But there editing of company name is locked. Can you help me with this?

5. markp-unity

markp-unity

6. markp-unity

markp-unity

@pauliusuza - Hey!

Sorry for the issue with 2FA but Google doesn't work for our community in China so we like to have 1 system for all of our friends :)

We are going to try something out this week which will hopefully fix this. Stay tuned!

7. pauliusuza

pauliusuza

@markp-unity I used Twilio's Authy a few times in my projects for 2FA, a good alternative to Google's Authenticator. The updates are great so far, thanks for your hard work.