Search Unity

Issues Downloading FPS Sample

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by KoreEntertainment, Jun 5, 2019.

1. KoreEntertainment

KoreEntertainment

So I have officially clones the sample for my 4th time. of which i have done 4 different ways. And every time I encounter the same issue. There is never an FPS Sample tab at the top of my screen. Its very frustrating as i did not even begin to understand GIT in the beginning and sat down for hours attempting to learn just so i could download this sample. each time i downloaded (through a different type of git program each time) i made sure to always enable LFS. my first time i was using an older version of Unity3D (2018.3.8). and the last 3 times I was using the latest version of unity3D (2019.1.5). Each and every time with the same result. Every time the file was well over 18GB aswell. Ive never been so frustrated with downloading something. Why wasnt there a simpler option available for downloading this? And does anyone know how i can fix it.

upload_2019-6-4_22-40-48.png

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  2. HyruleDefender

HyruleDefender

I can relate. The instructions say:
    "Once the editor is ready, open the Project Tools Window by navigating to FPS Sample > Windows > Project tools."
    However, there is no FPS Sample tab, and there is no "Project tools" tab.

3. AggressiveMastery

AggressiveMastery

Try "Search forum" as you are not the first people to have this issue.

4. Arowx

Arowx

Could the Unity HUB have the FPS sample as an option as the Hub could install the required Unity Version and Download the entire project. Streamlining the entire process in theory and showcasing a very good Unity example/sample project.

5. FelixVon

FelixVon

As an artist with no previous experience with Github this is a nightmare. Second Arowx's idea ^.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  6. MaverickROM

MaverickROM

I think you may have problems if you open it in any 2019 version. It'll download fine but you'll have a lot of errors due to this project being incompatible with 2019. I don't think that's the cause of your problems, just bear in mind this project is only built to work with 2018.3.8.

As AggressiveMastery said, there's been quite a few people posted to these forums with the issue of the missing FPSSample menu. I think the one time I had the issue was when I tried updating packages to newer versions than those included in the project. I think if you follow the instructions carefully, just download to a clean folder and open the project without updating packages you should be fine.

AggressiveMastery likes this.