Search Unity

Issues deploying Windows 10 Universal App to Windows Store

Discussion in 'Windows' started by CyberAngel, Nov 3, 2015.

1. CyberAngel

CyberAngel

Hi everyone,

I am hoping that someone can help me further, I have reported this continuously to Unity over the last few months and am yet to have a working solution to this problem. But as it stands right now, I can't deploy to the Windows Store in any fashion.

Here are my steps.

1) Have created the package name on the Windows Dev Centre, where I am the stage to upload the package.

2) Have build and run the game from Unity, as a Windows 10 Universal App and it compiles and runs fine.

3) Rebuild the game and then switch over to Visual Studio 2015 Community.

4) Associate the build with the store successfully.

5) Create package and it gets to the stage of running the report, but it fails with something about being a debug build.

6) Switch the IDE from Debug/Arm to Release or Master x86 and rebuild, builds fine.

7) try to create package and this is where the issues begin.

From this point onwards, I either get a message saying the GameName.dll can't be found/referenced. Or I may get the following, with one for every image that Unity knows about.

App manifest references the image 'Assets\StoreLogo.png' which does not have a candidate in main app package.

So if I then delete the entire generated package and try to get Unity to rebuild and start again, I now continually get this message, no matter what.

I am at my wits end with this and Unity are not very helpful at this stage, in fact I have never heard back from them on this. So I am now here and hopefully someone with a bit more experience and knowledge can guide me in the right direction from this point onwards.

This is using the latest patch version released 30th Oct 2015, which I think is version 5.2.2p2 if I recall right.

I am not a guru at Visual Studio, so I maybe doing something wrong and just don't know what I am doing.

Many thanks in advance

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hey,

could you paste full output log from Visual studio of such failed build attempt?

3. CyberAngel

CyberAngel

Do you mean the what shows up in the console window in VS or Unity, as if I go back to Unity to tyr to rebuild I also get the same errors.

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

The ones that show up in VS.

5. CyberAngel

CyberAngel

I hope this is what you're asking for.

This is when VS IDE is left in the state Unity creates it.

Severity Code Description Project File Line
    Error App manifest references the image 'Assets\StoreLogo.png' which does not have a candidate in main app package. Game Name C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Game Name\Build\Windows 10 Universal\Game Name\Package.appxmanifest 8
    Error App manifest references the image 'Assets\MediumTile.png' which does not have a candidate in main app package. Game Name C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Game Name\Build\Windows 10 Universal\Game Name\Package.appxmanifest 18
    Error App manifest references the image 'Assets\SmallLogo.png' which does not have a candidate in main app package. Game Name C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Game Name\Build\Windows 10 Universal\Game Name\Package.appxmanifest 18
    Error App manifest references the image 'Assets\WideTile.png' which does not have a candidate in main app package. Game Name C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Game Name\Build\Windows 10 Universal\Game Name\Package.appxmanifest 19
    Error App manifest references the image 'Assets\SplashScreen.png' which does not have a candidate in main app package. Game Name C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Game Name\Build\Windows 10 Universal\Game Name\Package.appxmanifest 25

If I then switch VS IDE to Master/x86 I then get this.

Severity Code Description Project File Line
    Error Manifest references file 'Game Name.dll' which is not part of the payload. Game Name C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Game Name\Build\Windows 10 Universal\Game Name\Package.appxmanifest

6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Can you switch to "output" tab and paste text from there? It should contain more information.

7. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

8. CyberAngel

CyberAngel

1>------ Build started: Project: Game Name, Configuration: Master x86 ------
    1> UnityInstallationDir "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor".
    1> UnityWSAPlayerDir "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\metrosupport".
    1> UnityProjectDir "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Game Name".
    1> Copying unprocessed assemblies...
    1> Running AssemblyConverter...
    1> AssemblyConverter done.
    1> Game Name -> C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Game Name\Build\Windows 10 Universal\Game Name\x86\Master\Game Name.exe
    1> Starting .NET Native compilation
    1> Processing application code
    1> Computing application closure and generating interop code
    1> Generating serialization code
    1> Compiling interop code
    1> Cleaning up unreferenced code
    1> Generating native code
    1> Generating fixups for native code
    1>C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Game Name\Build\Windows 10 Universal\Game Name\Package.appxmanifest : error APPX0703: Manifest references file 'Game Name.dll' which is not part of the payload.
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
    ========== Package: 0 succeeded, 3 failed ===========

9. CyberAngel

CyberAngel

10. KatyPIllman

KatyPIllman

This is an issue with default splashes. Rename the images under assets such as:
    upload_2017-1-10_22-57-27.png

11. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, I have the same issue, help please, Best regards…

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  12. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

13. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, I'm using VisualStudio 2017 community 15.8.3 and I can't find the workaround in the .vcxproj, Cheers...

14. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You don't see "ExcludeFromResourceIndex" tags when you open .vcxproj file with a text editor? It should right next to the files it errors out about.

15. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, I'm sorry but I haven't found it, here's the .vcxproj file, Cheers...

16. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

That's the wrong .vcxproj file. Look for the one named after your project (I'm guessing uVolley.vcxproj?).

17. IElectric

IElectric

Ops, I'm sorry, you are right, is in the uVolley.vcxproj, I will try it immediatly, you are the Best, thank you, Cheers...

18. IElectric

IElectric

Yes, it's works, the App Package was created, now I'm try to upload it to Windows Dev Center, Cheers...

19. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, my game doesn't pass the Windows Dev Center submission, I don't know what to do, please help, Best regards…

Unity version: Unity 2018.2.7f1
    Unity Xbox Live plugin version: 1804 QFE 1 Release
    Visual Studio 2017 version: 15.8.4

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  20. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Do you have holographic remoting or VR enabled in build settings? Those DLLs are part of HoloLens remoting

21. IElectric

IElectric

Yes, I have VR enabled in build settings, my game can use VR Visor (Windows Mixed Reality), not HoloLens, Cheers…

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  22. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

So there is a bug (that's actually about to get fixed) that causes those non-UWP DLLs to be included into your UWP project if "Enable Holographic Remoting" checkbox is checked in the build settings. There are two workarounds: either delete those DLLs and don't reference them in your project OR uncheck that checkbox and rebuild your project. Neither of those should affect you running on Windows Mixed Reality VR devices.

23. IElectric

IElectric

Perfect, I have deleted these following DLL and the game pass the Visual Studio WACK, thank you very much for your assistance, Cheers...

HolographicStreamerDesktop.dll
    Microsoft.Perception.Simulation.dll
    PerceptionRemotingPlugin.dll
    PerceptionSimulationManager.dll