Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let us know a bit about your interests, and if you'd like to become more directly involved. Take our survey!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Issues cutting nav mesh while baking

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by funnersoft, Oct 11, 2018.

1. funnersoft

funnersoft

Hi all,

The blue area to the left is the ground with the nav mesh. The big square to the right is trying to cut away a section of the nav mesh.
    upload_2018-10-10_18-28-39.png

The problem is that it leaves this strange triangle, walkable section. There is nothing else in the scene. This is a bare-bones repro.
    upload_2018-10-10_18-29-50.png

Any information would be really appreciated.
    Thank you

2. Yandalf

Yandalf

Hmmm, that's weird. How are you doing this cutting away? Are you using a NavMeshObstacle or something else?

3. funnersoft

funnersoft

I started off just using a BoxCollider, but I did try adding a NavMeshObstacle at one point. Both had the same result.

4. Yandalf

Yandalf

It's really strange. All I can wonder is if perhaps your box doesn't "properly" intersect with the navmesh, that the margin is so tiny you're having float precision issues.
    If your box is only "standing on top of" your geometry, please push it down a bit to make sure the box "cuts through" your walkable surface.