Search Unity

Question Issues connecting Quest 2 to Unity play mode

Discussion in 'VR' started by sboehnke, Oct 21, 2022.

1. sboehnke

sboehnke

Hi there. I am having issues getting my Quest 2 headset to connect to Unity when I enter play mode. I have reinstalled the oculus app multiple times as well as factory reset my headset with no luck. My headset and my oculus app are on the same account. My link cable is compatible and working fine as I am able to launch things from the oculus desktop app and see them on my headset. I also have checked "Oculus" in the XR Plugin management in project settings for windows and android settings. My headset is also in developer mode. If I view the console in Unity I can see under the editor tab that my quest is listed. If I click it there I get an error in the console saying "Failed to connect to player". The application I try to run is working for everyone else that tries to use it with their quest 2 headsets. (This is a work product so I cannot share much else on the content). Is there a step I am missing to make sure that Unity is setup correctly for my headset?

2. medinafb01

medinafb01

Hello,
    I am having the same trouble,
    When I click play, nothing happens, my helmet is not recognized,
    Were you able to solve it?
    What version of Unity are you using?

3. jeffries7

jeffries7

From what I've heard it's broken in some...maybe all...versions of 2022.

We use 2019 and it works just fine, we tried upgrading to 2022 and it stopped working. It was one of the key issues that stopped us from upgrading.

4. sboehnke

sboehnke

I am on 2021.3.3.

5. DevDunk

DevDunk

Steps I take to troubleshoot this:
    Make sure PCVR games work to see if it's a Unity issue.
    If that works try a blank project and see if that works. Make sure the project has proper VR integration
    If that does then compare settings from both projects or just export my game to a huge Unity Package.
    Using OpenXR also might be nice.