Search Unity

Resolved Issues building almost empty Tiny Android project (shader compiler error)

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by Vari-Mods, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Vari-Mods

Vari-Mods

Hi,

I just started using Tiny Project as a base for my game. I followed the documentation about what to install, how to setup the Assembly reference and the build script and so on.
    The document suggested to Create a Scene, add a camera and a cube and give it a try to build the application using the DotsruntimeBuildConfiguration. I set the target to Android et voilá ... I always get the same error.

I already tried to remove GLES from Player-Settings but as I checked the code, this is something specified inside the Tiny-Code. There is also the reference to GLES2.0, not event GLES3.x

Console.JPG

The logs are:
    UnityShaderCompilerLog:
    I don't have an idea about that.

conversionLog:
    Does anyone have an idea whats wrong with my setup?

Unity 2020.2.5f1
    Tiny Project Version 0.32.0-preview.55
    Target Android

Thanks for the support :)

2. Vari-Mods

Vari-Mods

Ok obviously this was a wrong setup with my Visual Studio 2019, missing the Windows 10 SDK components.
    Crazy thing. After I managed to get am example project running on window and Android (Tiny Factory), I tried to create a new project from scratch again following the DOTS/Tiny Project documentation.

After dealing with some minor setting issues, not working out of the box while following the documentation, I made it and got it running on my Android.
    So for me it was linked to the missing compontent(s) in Visual Studio 2019

3. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Make sure you are on unity 2020.1.x
    Tiny 0.32 doesn't support unity 2020.2

Djo_krd, Daxode and Vari-Mods like this.
  4. Vari-Mods

Vari-Mods

Ah yes, Meanwhile I am using 2020.1.17f1

unityunity