Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Read here for Unity's latest plans on OpenXR.
    Dismiss Notice

Issue with WebGL builds within VR/Oculus project

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Kamalen, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Kamalen

Kamalen

Hi,

I have a project I intend to have two clients ; a VR client and a WebGL client. I am using the Oculus Integration package as well to build to Oculus Quest.

While everything runs correctly in Android, when I try to build the project in WebGL, I have an error concerning the Microphone class.

When stubbing it, build work but the WebGL player cause the following error :
    "To use dlopen, you need to use Emscripten's linking support"

This error looks to be caused by Oculus Integration, because when removed, the player works successfuly.

Is there a way to make WebGL and Oculus Integration work in the same project ? There is very few things different between clients, so I'd rather not having separate projects, because sharing code is such a chore in Unity.

Thanks !

2. Thronost

Thronost

Hi, I'm having the same problem.
    Did you ever found a solution?

3. Kamalen

Kamalen

I eventually worked around by making actually two separated projects ; a WebGL and a Oculus. My assets got on both projects using a folder with logical links, and only the Oculus project had the Oculus integration & Unity XR packages.

For the few of my scripts depending on XR, I used #if UNITY_WEBGL to comment them out.

If you want more details, feel free to ask. :)

4. mafima

mafima

You can also create an Assembly definition to skip the Oculus scripts for the WEBGL build to fix the error.

upload_2020-11-30_10-12-50.png

CrispyCritter likes this.
  5. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter

have you tried this? i have had no luck :(

unityunity