Search Unity

Bug Issue with VFX graph and Shadergraph

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by starfckr1, Mar 2, 2023.

1. starfckr1

starfckr1

I recently started exploring using custom shadergraphs in my VFX graphs, and I get an issue with not being able to see anything of the visual effect if i connect it to the custom shadergraph.

The shadergraph is pretty standard, just adding a custom light solution, as well as inserting alpha and color.
    The weirdest thing is that this worked last night, but stopped working this morning, where i also get a consistent error message whenever i try to to any changes in the VFX graph:

"Shader warning in 'Hidden/VFX/LevelDust/System/Output Particle Quad': Ignoring duplicate keyword line '#pragma multi_compile_fog __ FOG_LINEAR FOG_EXP FOG_EXP2'"

See attached screenshots for full setup of the graphs.
    Anyone have any idea on how to troubleshoot this further?

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 07.34.11.png Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 07.34.35.png

2. starfckr1

starfckr1

Nobody that has an idea on how to approach this?

Some other quirks to this behaviour discovered now, which makes me belive this is a straight down bug.

I recreated the shader and the visual effect from scratch, and everything works perfectly - then i try to add ONE more boolean value to the blackboard in shadergraph, save, and boom, my particles are now invisible. If i delete that property again, save, then everything is back to normal.

Just because this behaviour is so arbitrary and weird, lets keep going - so i added a float property, save - still works, then added a Vector2 property, saved - still works. Then added a bool property, saved. And. It. Still. Works.

Then tried to remove the newly added vector2 and the float. Saved. Invisible particles again. Added them again. Saved. Visible particles.