Search Unity

Question Issue with unresponsive marker images for multiple scenes with different marker libraries

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by MiniFish, Mar 8, 2022.

1. MiniFish

MiniFish

Hi all, as per title, i've been having a great deal of problems with unresponsive markers. mostly after i build to devices, android in my case.

here's the premise, i have multiple scenes set up with their own session and marker library, and depending on user action, the app would load into another scene which would also have their own markers and responses depending on what marker gets detected. trouble is, there's almost always a problem with markers for the scene just not responding, and i can't quite wrap my head around what's giving me issues.

so far i've tried :
    - deleting and letting the system recreate MARS session object by creating a preset marker image
    - deleting all existing markers and reassigning marker
    - creating a new scene and redoing everything
    - recreating the marker libraries

and all of them are hit and miss. sometimes all it takes is just reassigning the markers and saving the scene to fix it. scenes that was previously functioning fine can also break during the course of development. the only common thing that i can think of is that i had to mess around in the sim view to place virtual markers for testing and after that functioning scenes have a chance to break.

am i missing something here? i'm at my wit's end, any assistance is appreciated.

2. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

Hi, sorry to hear you are having issues. Image markers are complicated...

The easiest thing here might be if you are able to share your project by filing a bug report via the help menu.

3. MiniFish

MiniFish

took me awhile to figure out that my problem stems mainly from me trying to generate a marker library asset by code. as best that i can recall, for some reason the combination of manually assigning GUID and using ProjectWindowUtil.CreateAsset to create the library asset seem to cause Unity to either default marker GUID to 0, or reassign some random GUID.

all in all, i resolved my issue by grouping my textures into a folder and use the folder as library name, and only assign texture and size to the marker and let unity handle the rest.