Search Unity

Question Issue with Unity Playground tutorial project

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by solomondavid05, Jan 2, 2021.

1. solomondavid05

solomondavid05

I tried to go through the Unity Playground tutorial project, but got these three errors:

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.legacyinputhelpers@2.0.2/Runtime/TrackedPoseDriver/TrackedPoseDriver.cs(185,13): error CS1069: The type name 'PoseData' could not be found in the namespace 'UnityEngine.XR.Tango'. This type has been forwarded to assembly 'UnityEngine.ARModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' Enable the built in package 'AR' in the Package Manager window to fix this error.

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.legacyinputhelpers@2.0.2/Runtime/TrackedPoseDriver/TrackedPoseDriver.cs(186,17): error CS0103: The name 'TangoInputTracking' does not exist in the current context

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.legacyinputhelpers@2.0.2/Runtime/TrackedPoseDriver/TrackedPoseDriver.cs(186,91): error CS0103: The name 'PoseStatus' does not exist in the current context

I didn't know what any of these meant, but got started anyway, and followed the instructions in the included pdf, but hit another roadblock. When I tried to add the "move" script to the ship object, it said that the "script class cannot be found". I cannot move forward with the tutorial, because this is bascially the first step and I can't complete it. What do I do?

2. solomondavid05

solomondavid05

nevermind I figured it out, also on a related note does anyone know how to delete a post

3. jmckernan1

jmckernan1

Solomondavid05, its been a few years, but what did you do to fix this?

4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Looks like OPs packages are either out of sync or out of date, or OP has imported packages that he doesn't need.

Extra unwanted packages in new projects (collab, testing, rider and other junk):

https://forum.unity.com/threads/temp-unityengine-testrunner-dll-error.1133938/#post-7287748

About the fastest way I have found to make a project and avoid all this noise is to create the project, then as soon as you see the files appear, FORCE-STOP (hard-kill) Unity (with the Activity Manager or Task Manager), then go hand-edit the Packages/manifest.json file as outlined in the above post, then reopen Unity.

Sometimes the package system gets borked from all this unnecessary churn and requires the package cache to be cleared:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53145919/unity3d-package-cache-errors/69779122