Search Unity

Question Issue with unity plastic/collaborate

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by FoodTastesGoodYummy, Apr 28, 2022.

1. FoodTastesGoodYummy

FoodTastesGoodYummy

While attempting to publish changes to my teammates in unity plastic, it hit me with an error. I'm totally lost on what this means, and any help would be appreciated. When I hit the "publish" button, the collaborate window says it "cannot submit changes to the server". Furthermore, an error message comes up in the console window, stating "Collab service is deprecated, only read operations are allowed". I would love some info on what this means, and how I could fix it if possible.

2. CrimsonSight

CrimsonSight

I'm having the same problem and would love some help

PsijicNine, Chmyke and VioletsofKorea like this.
  3. CristianwiththekYT

CristianwiththekYT

having the same problem

PsijicNine and Chmyke like this.
  4. Jorge181

Jorge181

same problem here

PsijicNine and Chmyke like this.
  5. james31366

james31366

having the same problem too, But I think the service is down?

PsijicNine likes this.
  6. swirzt

swirzt

Hi! I had the same problem, seems like collab has been deactivated for my organization and had to migrate to PlasticSCM, errors gone.

7. Zyphex01245

Zyphex01245

Here's an article which details what's going on: https://forum.unity.com/threads/act...llaborate-projects-after-the-upgrade.1241806/

In short, Unity is upgrading all Collaborate projects to be Plastic SCM compatible, but they aren't immediately upgrading all accounts to Plastic SCM. You still have to upgrade and pay for Plastic SCM by yourself in order to further work with people on the same projects (It's free for the first 3 people, but you still have to input card info regardless. Further pricing info can be found on the Plastic SCM website). This is just another step in discontinuing Unity Collaborate before the end of the year.

Note: All Collaborate projects should be upgraded to be Plastic SCM compatible by the end of the year, and they will be saved in an archive on your online Unity dashboard (See above link). However, Unity will only store this data through the end of May. After that, all shared project data will be deleted and only the local files on your computer will remain.

functionp likes this.
  8. FoodTastesGoodYummy

FoodTastesGoodYummy

Our project has already changed over to plastic, we still have the issue

Tony-Lovell and Ghosthowl like this.
  9. cyrusb13

cyrusb13

i have the issue as well but i am also being spammed with ' Collab service is deprecated and has been replaced with PlasticSCM'

Jofroop likes this.
  10. ManoKristos

ManoKristos

Solution:

In Unity Editor: Window -> Package Manager -> Collaborate -> Remove
    (Package Manager might be fetching/refreshing packages and takes forever, click refresh list and then close the Package Manager then re-open it)

Then: Edit -> Project Settings -> Services -> Collaborate -> Turn it OFF
    (Appearing issues due to after removing collaborate from package manager it is still enabled on services, I had to double click to turn it off from services tab in project settings)

Finally: Restart the project

@cyrusb13 @FoodTastesGoodYummy
    Credits: Alessandro Crimaldi via stackoverflow

11. Tony-Lovell

Tony-Lovell

Issue: there is no "Collaborate" entry under Window -> Package Manager. The nearest match is "Version Control", which mentions Collaborate and PlasticSCM in its description.

Again, there is no mention of "Collaborate" under Edit -> Project Settings -> Services

Paulos8102, GZBT and Chmyke like this.
  12. gegagome

gegagome

In my case I went into the Services tab next to the inspector and found that Collaborate was set to ON. Turning it to OFF fixed my issue.

EDIT:
    I also had a problem with In app purchasing and followed the instructions in the package description.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    i_wonder likes this.
  13. Padssasd

Padssasd

Yeah, in my case (2019.4.5f) also need turn off the collab in the service panel on the right side besides the inspector.

14. Yokogeri

Yokogeri

For future reference if anyone still has the problem: You need to switch off "Version Control" in services to turn on Plastic SCM

15. zymelkakarol68

zymelkakarol68

Thanks but it started "Compiling C# scripts" forever, but when I restarted Unity (killed the process and started the project) everything was OK.