Search Unity

Issue with subscene flickering at certain camera positions

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by esustachah, Feb 27, 2020.

1. esustachah

esustachah

Hello Unity community, hopefully someone can give me some guidance regarding this issue.

I have a 35 sq km world split into 100 chunks with 9 terrain tiles each, each tile has been created as a subscene and a GameObject Mesh has also been added.

After hitting play, everything works fine, but once the camera gets close to the 10k mark in either the x or z axis, then the subscenes start flickering. To top it off this happens with certain camera angles. This can be easily seen with a plane; certain camera angles will render the subscene :s

Here is a YouTube video with the issue, please refer to the mark 1:23 to notice the issue in action.

Unity Version is 2019.3.0f6

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. SebastianAaltonen

SebastianAaltonen

Unity Technologies

Found two potential reasons in the hybrid.renderer code that might cause this bug. We need to add a new test scene to repro and validate this.

3. esustachah

esustachah

Thank you for the reply! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

4. SebastianAaltonen

SebastianAaltonen

Unity Technologies

This bug is now fixed. Fix should be in next hybrid.renderer package.

esustachah likes this.
  5. esustachah

esustachah

Hello Sebastian,

I hope you are doing great today,

After finally importing some data needed for my game (and planned backup point), I decided to finally update the Hybrid Renderer to the newest version (was currently sitting at preview .4). It's worth noticing that the game is working as expected.

Sadly this is now giving me a new error in the console as soon as it is updated (same error with versions .35 and .3). It follows:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.rendering.hybrid@0.4.0-preview.8\Unity.Rendering.Hybrid\LodRequirementsUpdateSystem.cs(194,33): error CS7036: There is no argument given that corresponds to the required formal parameter 'dependency' of 'IJobForExtensions.ScheduleParallel<T>(T, int, int, JobHandle)'

I'll appreciate any help you could provide me, as I currently don't know why this is happening. Please let me know if you require additional information from my aprt.

Esteban

6. awesomedata

awesomedata

Perhaps the new version of the renderer requires another dependency package that you don't have in your setup?

Just a shot in the dark.

Also, I wonder how well it handles vertical streaming at far distances alongside horizontal streaming? -- @SebastianAaltonen, is this in the cards?

7. SebastianAaltonen

SebastianAaltonen

Unity Technologies

You need to update DOTS entities and other DOTS packages to the latest version too.

8. esustachah

esustachah

Hello again, apologies for my late reply.

I finally got to update the packages. the issue is no more.

Thanks for the help!