Search Unity

Issue with SteamVR and Samsung Odyssey Controllers

Discussion in 'VR' started by Codimus123, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Codimus123

Codimus123

Hey,
    I am new to Unity. I am currently making a VR project, for the Samsung Odyssey. The problem is, ever since the past week, I am having issues with the controllers. On one day, they went invisible(meaning that whilst they were detected and visible in the Windows Mixed Reality Portal, they were not visible in my game when I clicked on play in the Unity Editor). I also saw some strange error logs in the console, mostly in the SteamVR assets. The next day when I restarted, the controllers were visible, but I still receive the same error logs that I did when they were not. This makes me worry about the stability of this game.

This is the error log that I get, all of which are in the SteamVR scripts-
    GetPoseActionData error (/actions/default/in/SkeletonLeftHand): InvalidHandle handle: 1152988866873917717
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Action_Pose:UpdateValue(SteamVR_Input_Sources, Boolean) (at Assets/SteamVR/Input/SteamVR_Action_Pose.cs:96)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Action_Skeleton:UpdateValue(SteamVR_Input_Sources, Boolean) (at Assets/SteamVR/Input/SteamVR_Action_Skeleton.cs:75)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input:UpdateSkeletonActions(SteamVR_Input_Sources, Boolean) (at Assets/SteamVR/Input/SteamVR_Input.cs:487)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input:UpdateSkeletonActions(Boolean) (at Assets/SteamVR/Input/SteamVR_Input.cs:462)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input:LateUpdate() (at Assets/SteamVR/Input/SteamVR_Input.cs:352)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Behaviour:LateUpdate() (at Assets/SteamVR/Scripts/SteamVR_Behaviour.cs:214)

GetSkeletalActionData error (/actions/default/in/SkeletonLeftHand): InvalidHandle handle: 1152988866873917717
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
    UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Action_Skeleton:UpdateValue(SteamVR_Input_Sources, Boolean) (at Assets\SteamVR\Input\SteamVR_Action_Skeleton.cs:94)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input:UpdateSkeletonActions(SteamVR_Input_Sources, Boolean) (at Assets\SteamVR\Input\SteamVR_Input.cs:487)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input:UpdateSkeletonActions(Boolean) (at Assets\SteamVR\Input\SteamVR_Input.cs:462)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input:LateUpdate() (at Assets\SteamVR\Input\SteamVR_Input.cs:352)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Behaviour:LateUpdate() (at Assets\SteamVR\Scripts\SteamVR_Behaviour.cs:214)

(Filename: Assets/SteamVR/Input/SteamVR_Action_Skeleton.cs Line: 94)

GetPoseActionData error (/actions/default/in/SkeletonRightHand): InvalidHandle handle: 1152988866873917718
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Action_Pose:UpdateValue(SteamVR_Input_Sources, Boolean) (at Assets\SteamVR\Input\SteamVR_Action_Pose.cs:96)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Action_Skeleton:UpdateValue(SteamVR_Input_Sources, Boolean) (at Assets\SteamVR\Input\SteamVR_Action_Skeleton.cs:75)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input:UpdateSkeletonActions(SteamVR_Input_Sources, Boolean) (at Assets\SteamVR\Input\SteamVR_Input.cs:487)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input:UpdateSkeletonActions(Boolean) (at Assets\SteamVR\Input\SteamVR_Input.cs:462)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input:LateUpdate() (at Assets\SteamVR\Input\SteamVR_Input.cs:352)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Behaviour:LateUpdate() (at Assets\SteamVR\Scripts\SteamVR_Behaviour.cs:214)

(Filename: Assets/SteamVR/Input/SteamVR_Action_Pose.cs Line: 96)

GetSkeletalActionData error (/actions/default/in/SkeletonRightHand): InvalidHandle handle: 1152988866873917718
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Action_Skeleton:UpdateValue(SteamVR_Input_Sources, Boolean) (at Assets\SteamVR\Input\SteamVR_Action_Skeleton.cs:94)

These keep repeating, on and on, in the error log continuously whilst the game is running.

2. markjanzen88

markjanzen88

Looks like you are using the latest Steam VR SDK for Unity. Did you setup the default bindings that it prompts you to setup the first time you compile a build? Seems like this is where all these errors are pointing to.

BTW, you wont see the new 'Glove' model on your Samsung controllers but the controllers should still be visible if everything is working. I think the Glove model will be fixed in an update at some point...

3. Serhii-Horun

Serhii-Horun

I have the same issue

4. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

Same here:
    GetSkeletalActionData error (/actions/default/in/SkeletonLeftHand): InvalidHandle handle: 1152971961882640566

Seems random. I am on Unity 2018.2.17f1.

5. ollaxe

ollaxe

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Everything seems to work ok despite the errors, but they hog up the CPU like crazy. I'm talking 20 fps at best. Disabling the controllers in the hierarchy makes the errors disappear and makes it run at a stable 90, but then I can't control the game obviously.

I'm also using a Windows Mixed Reality headset. Mine's the Acer one though. Does anybody know if this occurs with HTC Vive or Oculus Rift, or is this problem exclusive to the Windows Mixed Reality headsets?

I'm on the latest version of Unity (2018.2.17f1) and the latest version of the SteamVR Plugin (2.0.1).

6. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne