Search Unity

Issue with Steam VR_Skeleton_Poser script.Getting ArgumentException error?

Discussion in 'VR' started by zyonneo, Sep 3, 2020.

1. zyonneo

zyonneo

I was editing my hand to different poses to grab objects.Creating new poses in Steam VR_Skeleton_Poser and suddenly error start popping up?Many hand previews are generating under the gameobject where I added the script.I deleted a few but it keeps coming back.

The error shown in console is :

Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: The Object you want to instantiate is null.
    2. UnityEngine.Object.CheckNullArgument (System.Object arg, System.String message) (at <733c7a7c972a4ba7b7c5fd5886daf788>:0)
    3. UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate[T] (T original) (at <733c7a7c972a4ba7b7c5fd5886daf788>:0)
    4. Valve.VR.SteamVR_Skeleton_PoserEditor.UpdatePreviewHand (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty instanceProperty, UnityEditor.SerializedProperty showPreviewProperty, UnityEngine.GameObject previewPrefab, Valve.VR.SteamVR_Skeleton_Pose_Hand handData, Valve.VR.SteamVR_Skeleton_Pose sourcePose, System.Boolean forceUpdate) (at Assets/SteamVR/Input/Editor/SteamVR_Skeleton_PoserEditor.cs:102)
    5. Valve.VR.SteamVR_Skeleton_PoserEditor.DrawPoseEditorMenu () (at Assets/SteamVR/Input/Editor/SteamVR_Skeleton_PoserEditor.cs:598)
    6. Valve.VR.SteamVR_Skeleton_PoserEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/SteamVR/Input/Editor/SteamVR_Skeleton_PoserEditor.cs:442)

lilPDF likes this.
  2. lilPDF

lilPDF

3. zyonneo

zyonneo

Hey, I don't know how to solve the error. Did your steam get updated? My colleague told me problems occur when the steam gets updated. He added some code to it and started working. Later I got the same error and I commented on the lines he added and it began to work. Right now I don't know how to solve this issue but the below script seems to work for me. Can you compare the below code with yours and check what all changed? You can use Winmerge to compare two scripts.

https://codeshare.io/5ooPRg