Search Unity

Issue with Static Lighting Sky in HDRP Environment Settings

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by AdamGMain, Mar 26, 2020.

1. AdamGMain

AdamGMain

Hello,

I am having a small issue with the ambient light that is generated by the Static Lighting Sky setting seen here:

upload_2020-3-26_11-7-4.png

The ambiance works but it seems to calculate slowly at run time. The ambient light will appear in the scene anywhere from 2 to 30 seconds after the play button is hit. It took me a while to even track down what was causing this issue, but I was unable to discern from the profiler where this calculation takes place. I'm not sure if I am missing a priority setting or what.

Further information: It's a fairly small scene with 1 directional light (sun), and ambient light coming from the default HRDI cubemap. Just wondering if anyone had seen any similar issue. Any help is much appreciated.

2. Julien_Unity

Julien_Unity

Unity Technologies

The ambient is computed on the GPU and is then read asynchronously to get the result and pass it to the relevant systems. This means that in the worse case, the ambient should appear on screen a couple of frames after it's changed so not sure where those 30 seconds can come from.
    What version of HDRP are you using?

3. AdamGMain

AdamGMain

Currently using HDRP 7.1.8 with Unity Version 2019.3.6f1.

Here's a quick video demonstrating:

4. AdamGMain

AdamGMain

Alright I ended up getting this fixed. I realized from your post that I was out of date on the HDRP. I upgraded, however, this didn't solve the issue. The fix for future onlookers appears to be tied to the Visual Environment volume component.

upload_2020-3-26_13-43-59.png

Changing the settings didn't do anything, but removing the component all together and adding it backed seems to have cleared out whatever faulty thing was cached.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Egad_McDad and RickshawDerpyDerp like this.
  5. raghadalghonaim

raghadalghonaim

Hello Adam, could you please clarify on how to add a baked component?

6. RickshawDerpyDerp

RickshawDerpyDerp

I removed and re-appended the visual environment component, but the hd sky isn't coming back in the Game view. I really don't care so much about that as how dark all the shadows are since it stopped appearing in Game view.