Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Issue with Spinning, changing any variable fixes issue

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Joewa654321_, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Joewa654321_

Joewa654321_

Hi all,

I am having an issue with my animations in game.

The issue is that the animation being played either from start via code or the parameters in the animation window results in the animation playing but also constant spinning of the root/character. The animation plays while the spinning is happening.

The animations work correctly when viewing files in the inspector, and work after the animation has started and any variable on the animator is changed from the original value (Changing back to the variables on the animator at start will cause the issue to return). There are no other scripts affecting the animator, and the same character model being used in other cases is working fine.

Any ideas? I cannot figure this out, my only theory is to do with the fbx files and animations but they all look fine in Blender.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024