Search Unity

Issue with scene blurring to single color with Post-Processing enabled

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by BigRookGames, Oct 23, 2020.

1. BigRookGames

BigRookGames

I'm experiencing an unusual issue when updating one of the projects I'm working on. I have been working with DOTS/Hybrid renderer in other projects without issues, so I am familiar with the setup process, but this project seems to have issues when the post-processing effects are enabled.

You can see in this video clip what the issue looks like, and then when it is disabled. It also shows the errors that pop up upon starting Unity. I just restarted it before recording that segment.

It happens right after upgrading to HDRP 9.0.0-preview.54

I copied my project prior to upgrading and went through the upgrade process twice with the same results. It looks like this after it updates the materials when upgrading to HDRP 9 stated above.

Any idea what might be causing this? I tried going through and disabling all post-processing effects but didn't seem to appear any different. It only looks normal when disabling the PP layer in the scene window.
    The game window looks the same (UI elements are fine though)

(just noticed the video cut off the section of the screen that shows the mouse disabling PP from the scene view bar toggle options. Initially, everything is enabled in the toggle list, and at 7 seconds I disable only the Post Processing element. Then I re-enable it later in the video to return to the problem)

The issue is also present in a brand new scene in the project. I've tried deleting the HDRP (Core, HD, and HD-config), Hybrid, Burst, folders from the package cache, and restarting the project, but didn't have any effect.

I tried upgrading to HDRP 10 and it still is present as well.

2. BigRookGames

BigRookGames

I determine that it was being caused by a custom bloom post-processing order, MKBloom.