Search Unity

Issue with OVR Camera and Post-Processing Behaviour

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by fabriziobulleri95, Feb 10, 2018.

1. fabriziobulleri95

fabriziobulleri95

Hello everyone! I'm facing an issue with VR and Post-Processing Behaviour.

Basically what I wanted to do is to use the Post-Processing Behaviour with the default OVR Camera Rig from Oculus, but when I try to add the Post-Processing Behaviour it generates automatically an Unity camera and moreover it doesn't show the Post-Processing Behaviour effect.

Is there a solution in order to integrate both things? or moreover, is there a way to improve the Graphics for the VR Camera?

Thank you so much for your help!

upload_2018-2-10_10-18-20.png
    This is how it looks with a normal camera and Post-Processing Behaviour

upload_2018-2-10_10-15-59.png
    This is how it looks with VR Camera (Without Post-Processing Behaviour)

Attached Files:

2. bradweiers

bradweiers

For good results with post-processing and VR, make sure you are using Unity 2017.3 and the latest version (v2) of the post processing stack on GitHub.

I'm guessing it's creating a new camera on the Oculus rig because you are not adding the Post-Processing Behaviour to the game object in the Oculus rig that actually has the camera on it. Try dragging the rig prefab into the scene, finding the child that has the camera component on it, and then adding the PPB to that game object.

3. AndreaGiglio82

AndreaGiglio82

Hi! I have a problem with the Post Processing Stack2 from GitHub. I downloaded it and I created a PostProcess Volume and a PostProcess Layer Component to the CenterEye Anchor of the OVRPlayerController from the Oculus Integration. I've assigned the New Post-Processing Profile to the PostProcess Volume and I tried to add the effects, yet all of the paramters are greyed out.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi Andrea, did you ever figure out how to make the Post Processing v2 work with the Oculus VR camera rig? Thanks!

5. rhardy5014

rhardy5014

HI, same issues... if I put post processing scripts on the CenterEye Anchor (with the OVR camera) the right eye renders the scene, the left eye renders completely grey (blank)?

So is post processing compatible with VR (specifically Oculus Go) in unity? If so, can someone please point me to a helpful web link or tutorial?

Cheers

6. TeamDefiant

TeamDefiant

I'm also trying to get post processing to work with the LWRP in VR.

It works in desktop mode as I expect, but when I build it onto a VR device, (Oculus Quest in my case) I don't get any PP effects at all.

Unity 2019.2.2f1
    LWRP: 6.9.1
    PP: 2.1.7
    PP Effects: Bloom, Vignette, Chromatic Aberration, and Grain.

7. TeamDefiant

TeamDefiant

I should point out that this issue is only there on Android based VR devices. When ran on a rift, PP works as expected.

titi34 likes this.
  8. mikeustwo

mikeustwo

Also running into this issue. Haven't done too much digging yet though.

9. matthoadrobson

matthoadrobson

Anybody get this solved?

10. ROMAINSEIN

ROMAINSEIN

Hey. I'm not a pro at all but I found that you can add post processing in the CenterEyeAnchor inside the TrackingSpace of the OVRCameraRig. It works perfeclty for me... Hope it helps.

matthoadrobson likes this.
  11. matthoadrobson

matthoadrobson

Thanks! Have you figured out renderscale in URP also? I'm having troubles with that too!

12. simpleasvesna

simpleasvesna

1. CenterEyeAnchor has to have a main camera tag in the Inspector
    2. Open a new Layer, also in Inspector; you can rename it to PostProcessing
    3. Add a new component to CenterEyeAnchor- Post-process Layer, set layer to PostProcessing
    4. In the hierarchy, open 3d object, Post-process Volume, and add a MainCamera tag to it in the inspector, and layer to PostProcessing

In my case, I forgot to add MainCamera tag to Post-process Volume...
    I hope it helps someone

Zaeden3270 likes this.