Search Unity

Issue with MU interfacing with MAX/Msp

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by ablanton, Dec 13, 2014.

1. ablanton

ablanton

Hi Forum,

I am new to Unity and I think I'm missing something fundamental. I have downloaded the MU example from Virginia Tech http://disis.music.vt.edu/main/portfolio.php and I can successfully trigger events in Unity with Max. However from the example if I duplicate the Cube exactly and send in the message from Max, only one cube rotates.

Do I somehow need to instantiate the second cube that I am missing? I have been looking in the JitMessenger script because that is the only place that mentions transform based on x y and z.

Hopefully this all makes sense and any help is greatly appreciated.

2. ablanton

ablanton

In case anyone else has this issue it is in fact a issue with object naming and instanciantion.

So if I duplicate the cube exactly from the example, I still need to change the name of the object then the object can receive messages from max.

~ regards

Anton-V likes this.
  3. Anton-V

Anton-V

Hello people,

Anyone knows why I get this msg :

Couldn't open Assets/Plugins/jitTexture.bundle/Contents/MacOS/jitTexture, error: dlopen(Assets/Plugins/jitTexture.bundle/Contents/MacOS/jitTexture, 2): no suitable image found. Did find:
    Assets/Plugins/jitTexture.bundle/Contents/MacOS/jitTexture: mach-o, but wrong architecture

Thanks in advance !
    Anton V.