Search Unity

Issue with movement controls.

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by tempusrex, Aug 16, 2019.

1. tempusrex

tempusrex

Hey guys, so i'm messing around with some simple 3D controls and I have run into an issue whereby the character will rotate at the last second after movement has stopped. This only tend to happen when is use a combination of WSAD controls. I was wondering whether this has something to do with the very last input taken at the end of a frame (so if I took my finger off W just before D then the character will snap right just at the end of movement instead of staying diagonal). This one has stumped me a bit with my current understanding of Vectors and was wondering if you guys have any solutions, Thanks.

Code (CSharp):
    1. public class PlayerMovement : MonoBehaviour
    2. {
    3.     public float speed = 10.0f;
    5.     void Start()
    6.     {
    8.     }
    10.     void Update()
    11.     {
    12.         float moveVertical = Input.GetAxis("Vertical");
    13.         float moveHorizontal = Input.GetAxis("Horizontal");
    15.         Vector3 movement = new Vector3(moveHorizontal, 0.0f, moveVertical);
    17.         transform.Translate(movement * speed * Time.deltaTime, Space.World);
    19.         if(movement != Vector3.zero)
    20.         {
    21.             Quaternion LookRotation = Quaternion.LookRotation(movement);
    22.             transform.rotation = LookRotation;
    23.         }
    25.     }
    26. }

2. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

Look into the input system(in the toolbar), when you release a key it doesn't go to 0 immideatly, you can change it with the 'gravity' setting on the axis.

gononono64 likes this.
  3. tempusrex

tempusrex

This hasn't seemed to have fixed the issue. It seems like my player character will not stop in a diagonal position and will always snap to a angle of 90.