Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Issue with LineRenderer

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Fuzzymoth, May 9, 2023.

1. Fuzzymoth

Fuzzymoth

In my Unity project I have a linerenderer object set to "Tile" mode and a material with a line-looking sprite on it. I have changed the tiling amount of the material so the line doesn't look so scrunched up, but doing so only changes the orange overlay in the scene view, not the actual sprite.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

Odd that it only affects the highlight. However, I can tell you that the tile mode affects the UV's, so I guess if your shader doesn't use the UV's in the expected way, the tiling won't have the desired effect.

Other than that, I can only ask things like, are you sure there is only 1 line renderer there? :)

3. Fuzzymoth

Fuzzymoth

I forgot to mention it in the post, but the LineRenderer is in a 2d scene and the shader is set to SpritesDefault, so that might mess with the UVs in a way that I don't know about.

4. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

Odd.. you could try a different shader as a test, but i’m not aware of the default sprite shader not working with this.

failing that, i’m out of ideas so i’d need you to submit a bug report so i could check it out.