Search Unity

Issue with lighting simple mesh

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by TeKniKo64, Aug 9, 2018.

1. TeKniKo64

TeKniKo64

This is a very simple mesh. One material, one texture. After the model is imported and given its material, it looks fine. However, once I set it a static prefab and start laying them out in my scene, auto generated lighting creates all this "smudging" on my models. This grass should be all one colour. And it's not bleeding from another colour on the texture because the texture is only one solid colour.

I played around with the normal bias, strength and near plane on my Directional Light with no affect. I am using Soft Shadows, Mode Mixed and Forward Rendering.

2. bgolus

bgolus

Mixed Mode means anything flagged as static will be light mapped rather than dynamically shadowed. In that case the bias and soft shadow settings have no affect. This is a problem with your light map UVs on the mesh not being well laid out, and potentially too low res. Do you have Generate Lightmap UVs checked on for that mesh asset?

3. TeKniKo64

TeKniKo64

@bgolus No I do not. I turn off everything. I just turned it on and generated the lighting again. Works perfectly, thank you!