Search Unity

TextMesh Pro Issue with InputField with Custom content type on Android device

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by yinyinh, Jul 3, 2019.

1. yinyinh

yinyinh

Keyboard does not show up on Android device when using the Custom content type setting.
    Works on all other content types.

Tested on XiaoMi - Mi Max.

upload_2019-7-4_4-54-58.png

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

This was previously brought up by a few users and I already made the change which will be included in the next release of the TMP package.

Extract of the ChangeLog of the upcoming release.
    - Setting ContentType.Custom on the TMP Input Field will no longer hide the Soft Keyboard. The Soft Keyboard can now be control independently via the shouldHideSoftKeyboard property.

yinyinh likes this.
  3. jv_unity993

jv_unity993

Hello Stephan, can you tell me what update this was included in? because I am still having the problem on unity 2019.1.6f and TMP 2.0.1

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  4. OldKing_Wang

OldKing_Wang

1567803684421.jpg
    same issue

unity 2019.1.4f1
    TMP 2.0.1

afshin_a_1 likes this.
  5. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

See the following post which includes the code changes to get around this issue until the next package is released.

6. appetizermobile

appetizermobile

I've noticed that the autocorrect content type doesn't work. It works on android but not iOS. It's a problem with the normal Unity UI Input field as well. I also tried to call TouchScreenKeyboard.Open(), setting the autocorrection property to true and this didn't work either.

Searching deeper, I found that this is only a problem in Unity 2019.2.

I created a new project in Unity 2019.1 with a Unity.UI Input Field, Text Mesh Pro Input Field. I also added a button that, when clicked, called TouchScreenKeyBoard.Open() with the autocorrection param set to true:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. TouchScreenKeyboard.Open("", TouchScreenKeyboardType.Default, autocorrection: true);
    The keyboard was autocorrected for both input fields and the button.

I re-implemented the same project in Unity 2019.2 and none of the fields opened an autocorrect keyboard for iOS.

7. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

That is good to know.

Could you please submit a bug report with the included project for this specific issue?

Please provide me with the case # once you have it.

appetizermobile likes this.
  8. OldKing_Wang

OldKing_Wang

9. appetizermobile

appetizermobile

Thank you for the reply. I submitted the bug report—it is case # 1183034.

For the purposes of my project, I need auto correct to work for a Text Mesh Pro input field, I just discovered everything else wasn't working either. If there is a quick fix I can use for Text Mesh Pro in the meantime I would prefer that but any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  10. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

When you submit a bug report, you normally get an email afterwards with the Case #. This Case # enables me to look up the case as opposed to waiting for it to make it to me through the QA team.

11. appetizermobile

appetizermobile

Sorry, I wrote that before I received the confirmation. The Case # is 1183034.