Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Issue with Data Explorer - Parameters Displaying as 0

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by tranpd, Jan 18, 2024.

1. tranpd

tranpd

Dear Unity Analytics Team,

Upon inspecting the parameters in the Data Explorer, I have observed that the existing parameters, specifically for the "summoned_hero" event and the associated "id_hero" parameter, consistently display as 0. This is despite confirming that the parameters sent range from id 1 to 10. Interestingly, when I created a new event this morning ("daily_login_reward") with a new parameter ("day"), the display appeared to be correct for this newly added parameter. Both of these parameters are of type INTEGER

I have thoroughly scrutinized the implementation of parameter handling, and I am confident that the correct data with valid ids is being sent to Unity Analytics.

Could you please assist me in understanding why the existing parameters ("summoned_hero" and "id_hero") are consistently shown as 0 in the Data Explorer, while the newly added parameters ("daily_login_reward" and "day") display correctly? Additionally, I would appreciate any guidance or steps to troubleshoot and resolve this specific issue.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I appreciate your assistance in resolving the discrepancy with the displayed parameters.

Attached Files:

2. caithan

caithan

Unity Technologies

Hi there,
    This was a bug in our new Data Explorer experience; we've tracked this down and have since fixed it. The new Data Explorer experience should be back soon (and with the bugs like this squashed)!

3. Bigbadbackstab

Bigbadbackstab

Hi
    I'm experiencing the same issue. When I use the new data explorer my custom parameters all appear as 0, but when I go to the old version I can see the correct data.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024