Search Unity

Question Issue with animations not playing

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Kalkans, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Kalkans

Kalkans

Greetings, Im having issues with my animations. The if conditions are met because I can see debug.logs on console. But for some reason my animations are not playing. I have tried some things but I could not find any solutions.

Attached Files:

• a1.PNG
      a1.PNG
      File size:
      27.7 KB
      Views:
    • a2.PNG
      a2.PNG
      File size:
      10.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

It's difficult to see from your screenshots, but if you're running the
    PlayTargetAnimation()
    method more than once, the animation is going to freeze because you're using
    Animator.CrossFade()

If that's the issue, then this should probably work:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     public void PlayTargetAnimation(string targetAnimation, bool isInteracting)
    2.     {
    3.         animator.SetBool("isInteracting", isInteracting);
    5.         if (!animator.GetCurrentAnimatorStateInfo(0).IsName(targetAnimation) && !animator.GetNextAnimatorStateInfo(0).IsName(targetAnimation))
    6.         {
    7.             animator.CrossFade(targetAnimation, 0.2f);
    8.         }
    9.     }
    This checks that you're not already in or moving to a state before crossfading. I think the reason is freezes is that you start a transition while in a transition or something. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure how it even works, but this should fix it.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  3. Kalkans

Kalkans

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately this did not solve it. But I found that if I remove my landing animation (turn it to idle anim.) my character does the falling animation. Still no landing animation tho, If I were to add it my character freezes again