Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Issue when trying to manually render camera & draw fullscreen RenderTexture

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by GoGoGadget, Mar 11, 2015.

1. GoGoGadget

GoGoGadget

Hi,

I'm currently trying to manually draw a RenderTexture to the screen (whilst the camera is disabled), and use that as the final rendered frame sent to the display. Right now, it looks like Unity 5 still might have an issue in it that also occurred in Unity 4, which essentially means that you need at least 1 active camera in the scene for anything to be displayed.

Now, with the frame debugger in U5, I can actually see where that last "Draw Dynamic" is screwing everything up - the step before it, everything is perfect - the RenderTexture is the right size, and has been drawn to the screen (using Graphics.DrawTexture). I'm wondering - does anybody know a workaround for this, apart from adding another (enabled) camera to the scene?

Just before: Everything is as expected

Then, grey screen, nothing ends up getting displayed (not even in-editor "stats"):

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015