Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Question Issue when dragging in files to Unity Editor lately Unity 2019.2.11f1

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by PaperMouseGames, Jul 28, 2020.

1. PaperMouseGames

PaperMouseGames

Hi there! Not sure if this is the best place to post this or not, but here goes:

Having a really annoying issue lately with Unity. Whenever I go to drag files from my file explorer (files like .png for example) as I move the cursor to the desired location in the project tab, it drops the file in before I release the mouse button. So instead of going to the desired folder, it drops wherever the mouse was when it happened, so then I have to go and find the file in the assets and move it to the correct location.

I don't seem to have any issues when dragging things around within the editor itself, only when I'm dragging stuff in from the file explorer.

I didn't used to have this issue and I'm really not sure how to fix it. Anyone else having this issue and have a potential fix? Thanks!