Search Unity

Issue using ProGrids

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by xplicitgreek69, Mar 17, 2021.

1. xplicitgreek69

xplicitgreek69

I have ProGrids as well as ProBuilder installed on all of my projects, but I continuously run into an error while using ProGrids.

I have Googled the issue and cannot seem to find anything related to the subject.

My issue:

When opening ProGrids, a window opens up in the editor displaying the config for ProGrids. After having ProGrids open for a period of time, and sometimes very quickly, the application will glitch and automatically open a second ProGrids tab and sometimes many more. (It duplicates it in the editor so that I have multiple ProGrids open at the same time). This creates a lag on the editor due to the duplicated ProGrid windows being opened.

When I try to close one of them, I am unable to close all of them. I can exit out of only a single instance of ProGrids, but I am unable to exit out of the duplicated windows.

The only solution is restarting the entire project.

I literally have no idea why it is doing this and cannot find a cause. It seems to happen randomly after opening ProGrids.

ProGrids is by far one of the more helpful tools offered in the Package Manager and I would love to figure out how to solve this!

Thanks =D

Edit:
    Will provide screenshot the next time the glitch occurs.

2. xplicitgreek69

xplicitgreek69

These are the screenshots.

If you look at them, you'll notice multiple ProGrids are open.

I close one of them and they are still open and the Unity Editor doesn't recognize them as open.

Screenshot (2).png Screenshot (1).png Screenshot (3).png

DominikD92 and ChaosResolution like this.
  3. henrik_unity240

henrik_unity240

Dropping a reply here just to let you know that you're not alone out there :D I have the same issue and it's slowly driving me insane (among other issues...).

4. thearkrafter

thearkrafter

5. ThomasLopez

ThomasLopez

Unity Technologies

Hi there!
    @thearkrafter , @henrik_unity240, @xplicitgreek69

Progrids package is not supported anymore. Most of the package features has been move to the unity snapping settings. As so, we will not be able to publish a new version of tht package with a fix for that problem.

However, if you want to fix it yourself, I have the code changes for that :D
    In the file Editor/ProGridsEditor.cs modify the following:
    Remove line 27
    Code (CSharp):
    1. PlayModeStateListener.onEnterPlayMode += ProGridsEditor.DestroyIfEnabled;
    Replace with :
    Code (CSharp):
    2. PlayModeStateListener.onExitEditMode += ProGridsEditor.DestroyIfEnabled;
    3. AssemblyReloadEvents.beforeAssemblyReload += ProGridsEditor.DestroyIfEnabled;
    That should remove that bug for you!
    I'll see if I can come back with a better option for you but as I said, the package is not supported anymore, creating conflicts with the new overlay system notably, so I'm not sure I can help you more than that!