Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Issue using ProBuilder, ProGrids, Polybrush, etc after updating to 2018.3

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by notMateo, Oct 8, 2018.

1. notMateo

notMateo

So I'm working on a game that started on 2017.3 that we successfully updated to 2018.2 and I'm trying to update it to the 2018.3 beta, however I'm having some sort of issue with .NET, scripts, or assets, or a combination of the three.

I've gotten ProGrids, ProBuilder, and Post Processing Stack working through the Package Manager, but I can't get Polybrush running. There's no option for it in Tools.

On top of THAT all our scripts have a warning under them that say "The associated script can not be loaded. Please fix any compile errors and assign a valid script." We were having this issue in 2018.2 but we fixed it by deleting TextMesh Pro.

Any suggestions? We're still new to Unity.

2. phobos2077

phobos2077

I have a feeling they have abandoned all development of ProGrids and ProBuilder. There's some major issues and I'm waiting since early summer for any update in the Package Manager.

3. xVergilx

xVergilx

Have you tried re-importing? It might help with that error.

You could get the actual error afterwards instead of that one.

4. julienh_unity

julienh_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey, I am not a programmer, but it would help if you would provide the compile errors you are getting, if you still have any. Maybe by sharing the log files (located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Unity\Editor ,just paste that path in your windows explorer to get there).

5. lukaszunity

lukaszunity

Administrator

Hard to tell what the issue is based upon this description. Could you report a bug with a repro project, so we can investigate the issue?

6. spaceape

spaceape

Using 2018.3 beta 3, I've found several issues with pro builder.
    First of all, the new prefab workflow is incompatible with probuilder, to reporduce simply:
    1. Open a prefab
    2. Try to build a new shape inside the prefab.
    3. Notice the cube (or whatever new addition you've made) is not in the prefab, instead, it's added in the project hierarchy, outside the new prefab editor.

Another issue I experience is that my probuilder-made collisions no longer turn their visibility OFF when in runtime. I simply see any collision box made with probuilder inside the game when it's running. They should be hidden thanks to probuilder collider behaviour's "manage visibility" toggle. It no longer works. Perhaps it's because by selecting something as "collision" the pb entity script is no longer added to the prefab?

You also cannot turn a collider into a non-collider, pressing the button/shortcut no-longer makes an existing collider stop being a collider.
    Repro: Make a shape, press C to make it a collider, press C to try and have it not be a collider, fail.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    konsic likes this.
  7. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi all! Sorry I didn't see this thread going - I generally watch the "World Building" category, will check here more often also :) However, for ProBuilder, ProGrids, and Polybrush stuff, it's generally best if you can post over there (https://forum.unity.com/forums/world-building.146/). Thanks!

Not at all! We have been heads-down super working on the big 4.x update- not a ton of glitzy new features, but we're doing our best to make use of the new resources here at Unity to make this release our best, most stable and bug-free yet. Should be out in a few weeks tops. Polybrush is also closing on a real 1.x release, and that is both bug fixes and lots of new functionality.

Hi! I'd suggest waiting just a couple weeks for Polybrush, the 1.x release is coming up soon and will be a vast improvement, especially in regards to 18.3 and above compatibility.

Prefab issue: thanks for that repro, we'll get that fixed up asap.
    Collider/Trigger types: thanks for the info, there is a known bug there and also some changed functionality coming up in 4.x, with those being less important to PB. Not killing them off though, don't worry.

phobos2077 and LeonhardP like this.
  8. phobos2077

phobos2077

That's good to hear! Could you take a look at this issue with the Export Asset option (1049684)? I've provided a solution as well, it doesn't just fix the crash (which is arguably redundant since old runtime is deprecated now) but also makes this option more convenient to use. In case if you haven't addressed this already, maybe you could take a look at my code.

9. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Just checked, this one is fixed (I'm using PB 4.0.0p27)! Sorry for the long wait- 4.x has seen some major changes, should have it out soon!

phobos2077 likes this.
  10. phobos2077

phobos2077

Eagerly waiting! ProBuilder was super useful for my little project, can't imagine 3D development in Unity without it.