Search Unity

Issue tracker gone from top bar, search broken

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by Baste, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Baste

Baste

The link to the issue tracker that used to be in the top bar under the community part of the website is gone, so now the only way to find the issue tracker is through a direct link (or a google search). Did it get removed by misstake when you removed Feedback? Or do you not want us to visit the issue tracker?

The search for the issue tracker (which is on https://unity3d.com/search is also broken on Brave, which probably means that it's broken if we block third party trackers.

Finally, doing this again reminded me that login persists over exactly zero parts of your website. I am logged in on the forum, but I am logged out when I get to the issue tracker. If I log in on the issue tracker and search, I'm also logged out on https://unity3d.com/search. So I have to log in again there. If I go over to Answers, I'm logged out again. So I log in there. Then I go over to the asset store. Whoops logged out again, time to log back in!

Are you aware that your login system is a broken mess?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  2. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

The issue tracker is under the 'Support & Services' section on the main Unity webpage, but I am seeing 'Issue Tracker' right now above this thread. You're not seeing this right now?

Regarding your login issues, I've tried doing what you just advised and I am not getting this issue, but I'd still like to have this investigated. Is there any chance you can record this as a video/screen capture so I can log a bug report with our systems team to investigate?

3. Baste

Baste

Nope, not seeing the issue tracker above the thread at all. This is how my browser looks:

upload_2019-9-11_12-44-26.png

To repro the login issue, you probably have to clear the cookies. It's not as bad as I first thought it was, as you never have to re-enter the credentials, you just have to click the "user" button on every sub-section, then it automatically logs you in.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  4. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Interesting... for me, it is showing.

Attached Files:

5. Baste

Baste

Try clearing caches, maybe it's been removed recently? It's not visible on other browsers either, so it's not a browser issue.

It could also be that it's a permissions bug.

Note that I edited my post above to add the video you asked for, in case you didn't see it!