Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

(ISSUE SOLVED) 2018.1.0b2 consistently crashes on opening - Mac OS 10.13.2. Was fine yesterday!

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by rmb303, Jan 17, 2018.

1. rmb303

rmb303

Yesterday this Beta was working fine, but today I can't open anything, or even create a new project.
    I've had no software updates in between.
    I've reinstalled the Beta, rebooted, and reinstalled again to no avail.
    Opening a project just has Unity crash instantly, but trying to create a new one opens the progress-bar window for a second before the crash.
    The folder for each project now has a folder named 'Temp' with a single file 'UnityLockFile', which is zero bytes in size.
    I have crash reports if you'd like them posting, but they're quite long, and I'm not sure which part would be useful.
    Please help!

2. alex_bussman

alex_bussman

I had the same issue but after checking the logs I noticed that it was crashing due to a new version available for download, https://beta.unity3d.com/download/e1ef60e69006/UnityDownloadAssistant-2018.1.0b3.dmg

Guessing the beta page isn't updated yet for the url but that version doesn't crash at launch.

A workaround is also to turn off wifi or whatever connection you're using and start unity, then it will not crash at launch.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Enrico-Monese, elbows and rmb303 like this.
  3. vferguson

vferguson

I had this crash on starting a new project and when I started up Unity again and opened the new project it finally completed. Looks like it's crashing inside the package manager while the dialog box says "Updating packages...".

4. rmb303

rmb303

Thank you Snickware!
    Beta 3 now works just fine. Back to work...