Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Issue sharing a project with a local package installed

Discussion in 'Unity Version Control' started by adsilcott, Sep 25, 2022.

1. adsilcott

adsilcott

I set up a new project, then in the package manager used "Add package from tarball..." to install a package. Everything worked fine for me, but when I tried to share the project with someone via plastic they get errors:

Unity Package Manager Error
    Failed to resolve packages:

It then shows a file path that's a combination of her project path and the path to the download folder where I installed the tgz file from.

What's the proper way to do this to avoid this error? Do I need to put the tgz file into the project somewhere before I install it?

2. RogerWodgerL

RogerWodgerL

I experienced the same problem (2022.2.0b13). Tarball packages was included with an absolute path.

Solution so far is to first remove the links to the tarball packages by editing Packages/manifest.json and packages-lock.json and then put the tarballs in the project folder and add them again. This causes them to be included with a relative path.

adsilcott likes this.
  3. adsilcott

adsilcott

Thanks, I'll try this!

I saw in the recent roadmap something about having more control over packages that seemed to be related to this, so my hope is that it gets fixed in a new version.

4. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the update. Let me share your feedback with the dev team.