Search Unity

Issue: screenshots of GUI elements with rendertexture

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by fertigo, Nov 7, 2014.

1. WillemKokke

WillemKokke

it's still in 5.3.5f1 and 5.4.0b18, which screws google cardboard apps over, as everything is rendered to a RenderTexture.. Haven't found a workaround yet.

2. Player7

Player7

HOLY F***

HOW THE HELL UNITY

Looking into alternative to OnRenderImage or a way to get the GUI elements from OnGUI /UGUI (without worldspace) into a RenderTexture...

Some vague ramblings about using a coroutine..with F*** all example (sick of unity help documentation is S***. and doesn't provide direct link to reporting issues with it) and good luck trying this.. cus after you do, you wind up here finding out its a F***ing bug that hasn't been fixed in F***ing ages...

3. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Wait... so this still hasn't been fixed?!?

4. Player7

Player7

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/WaitForEndOfFrame.html

The png example works.. well not the "IEnumerator Start()" bit ...that doesn't.

Anyway it it gets you a Texture2d with ui included.. which I guess is better than..

Application.CaptureScreenshot()

which encodes and saves the image final image with ui etc, taking ages, with not much option on anything.

5. Player7

Player7

gui that isn't worldspace (which only works for ugui and not ongui) ..into a rendertexture.. nope

6. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Works fine for me in 5.3.4f1. (not with OnGUI, obviously, but I doubt that will change). In fact, I have never had problem with it in any version of 5 that I am aware of. (though skipped a couple of the 5.2 versions).

7. Thibault-Potier

Thibault-Potier

Hi
    So I was wondering why my UI did'nt show up in my screenshot, i first though it was because of OnPostRender() and finally i end up here.

Soo ... am i f****** ?

Code (CSharp):
    1. private void OnPostRender()
    2.     {
    3.         //Create a new texture with the width and height of the screen
    4.         Texture2D texture = new Texture2D(Screen.width, Screen.height, TextureFormat.RGB24, false);
    5.         //Read the pixels in the Rect starting at 0,0 and ending at the screen's width and height
    6.         texture.ReadPixels(new Rect(0, 0, Screen.width, Screen.height), 0, 0, false);
    7.         texture.Apply();
    9.         string path = Application.persistentDataPath + "/TEST.png";
    10.         byte[] imageBytes = texture.EncodeToPNG();
    12.         //Save image to file
    13.         System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes(path, imageBytes);
    14.     }