Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[ISSUE] [Opsive's Behavior Trees - Movement Addon] NavMesh isn't working. Please help!

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by maddieScarbrough, Feb 19, 2019.

1. maddieScarbrough

maddieScarbrough

When I try to have a NavMesh dragon patrol, the Unity Console throws me this error:

I don't know what the problem is; I've baked the NavMesh on the floor twice, recreated the Avatar for the dragon, and run through the code in the task, and I don't know what to do. Please help!
    (EDIT 2: SCREENSHOT UPLOADED!! (EDIT 1 Sum-up: Screenshot wouldn't upload)

)
    The agent is the dragon and is on the NavMesh. I've tried an idea where I put down a plane on the floor and create a NavMesh on that, but I got the same errors. Although I noticed a warning worth mentioning: "Failed to create agent because it is not close enough to the NavMesh". Probably the problem, but I have one question: Is right on top of it not close enough or something? I'm thinking about reporting a bug to Unity, although it may not be a bug; not sure yet.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  2. Yandalf

Yandalf

Well first things first, are you certain the Agent component is activated in the game? Something might turn it off on play.

3. maddieScarbrough

maddieScarbrough

I am certain. Whenever I go into Play Mode, the NavMesh agent is still checked, but Unity is shooting me all of these errors.

4. TheAngryTophat

TheAngryTophat

Would you please post a screen shot of the errors and the settings?

Thanks.

5. Ownerlove

Ownerlove

I have this problem, too. Have you solved it?

6. Yandalf

Yandalf

The original poster never responded. If you have the exact same issue, do as TheAngryTopHat asked and please post screenshots of the errors, the code throwing them, and all relevant Navmesh and Agent settings, then we can perhaps help.