Search Unity

Issue on AssemblyConverter.exe

Discussion in 'Windows' started by nifilo_unity, Jun 10, 2019.

1. nifilo_unity

nifilo_unity

Hi, I have a very strange problem.
    I have a project in Unity 2018.4.28f1 with Mapbox SDK 2.0 and Mixed Reality Toolkit 2017.4.3.
    I build the project for UWP with scripting bakend .Net and I don't have any error in the Unity Console but I have this error when I build with Visual Studio 15.9.12

The command ""C:\Workfolder\e015itinerarieventilombardia\Unity\ItinerariEventiLombardia\UWP\Unity\Tools\AssemblyConverter.exe" -platform=uap -lock="C:\Workfolder\e015itinerarieventilombardia\Unity\ItinerariEventiLombardia\UWP\E015ItinerariEventiLombardia\project.lock.json" -bits=32 -configuration=Debug -removeDebuggableAttribute=False -uwpsdk=10.0.17763.0 -path="." -path="C:\Program Files\Unities\2017.4.28f1\Editor\Data\[......]ia\UWP\E015ItinerariEventiLombardia\Mapbox.Json.dll"" exited with code 1.

In the Output Window I see

2> Copying unprocessed assemblies...
    2> Running AssemblyConverter...
    2> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Il file 'C:\Workfolder\e015itinerarieventilombardia\Unity\ItinerariEventiLombardia\UWP\E015ItinerariEventiLombardia\Mapbox.VectorTil.ExtensionMethods.dll' non è stato trovato.
    2> Nome file: 'C:\Workfolder\e015itinerarieventilombardia\Unity\ItinerariEventiLombardia\UWP\E015ItinerariEventiLombardia\Mapbox.VectorTil.ExtensionMethods.dll'
    2> in System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    2> in System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    2> in System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    2> in Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters)
    2> in Unity.LoadModulesStep.Execute()
    2> in Unity.Step.Execute(OperationContext operationContext, IStepContext previousStepContext)
    2> in Unity.Operation.Execute()
    2> in Unity.Program.Main(String[] args)

The AssemblyConverter.exe doesn't find the file 'Mapbox.VectorTil.ExtensionMethods.dll' but the correct name of the file is 'Mapbox.VectorTile.ExtensionMethods.dll', the letter E is missing in the name of the file.

If I execute the single command in the command line and I don't have any error and the name of the file in the parameters is correct

2019-06-10_11h21_45.png

Do you have any ideas for the cause of this issue?

Thanks

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

We've seen this issue in MSBuild when the total command line length approaches 8000 characters or so. Could you try moving your project to a shorter path?

3. nifilo_unity

nifilo_unity

Oh it works!
    Thank you very much!