Search Unity

Issue Firefox 56.02 and Unity-Forum search doesnt show up since 15.DEZ.2017

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by Quatum1000, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

Hi,

I use Firefox 56.02 32 and 64bit. Pressing search on top does not show up the search field since 2 days.

Untitled-1.jpg
    I do not want to use Firefox 57.02 Quantum because of several reasons and it's bad optical style. Further the most plug-ins are not supported. FireFTP etc.

I there any chance to fix this issue?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yep, you must unblock the google ajax search api and google tag manager in Ghostery or any ad blocker you are using.

Quatum1000 likes this.
  3. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

Disabled all, but none success.
    Untitled-2.jpg

Didn't have installed any other blocker than ghostery or adblock, and both are off.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Did you restart Firefox?

Quatum1000 likes this.
  5. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

Yes did :) but search does not appear anyway..

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Quatum1000 likes this.
  7. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

Found the issue:

browser.privatebrowsing.autostart = true. Firefox always started in privacy mode.
    in the past this setting was available in general options. But they removed it to about:config.

Open Firefox. Type about:config in the address bar and press Enter. Search for the entry named browser.privatebrowsing.autostart. Double-click to edit this key and toggle its value to True or False

Re enabled ghostery and adblock. Works all well now.
    Thanks @AnneSchmidt.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's set on false for me and if I put Ghostery back, the search field disappears...

9. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

For me Ghostery is a pain to setup. If it's enabled on a side, it prevents me to select single trackers or tags to disable. But anyway, works now..

10. Buhlaine

Buhlaine

Community Manager

I'm glad you got to the bottom of this. Thanks, @AnneSchmidt for the help. I'll also pass this along to our web dev team to see if there is anything else we should worry about related to the issue.

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

You're welcome!

It seems that Ghostery and uBlockOrigin do not get along very well. I got rid of Ghostery and kept uBlockOrigin but I had to disable it here so that the search field works. :)

Buhlaine likes this.