Search Unity

Question Issue building ARCore to iOS device

Discussion in 'AR' started by BEFaughnan, Jan 25, 2021.

1. BEFaughnan

BEFaughnan

Hey everyone!

Been struggling with this error for a couple days now, I am getting this error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. XRGeneralBuildProcessor.cs(39,52): error CS0117: 'BuildPipeline' does not contain a definition for 'GetBuildTargetName'
    The problem is that the definition does exist in the referenced script, Line 39:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. string buildTargetName = BuildPipeline.GetBuildTargetName(buildReport.summary.platform);
    I've found a few similar issues that advised me to make sure XRProjectManagement, ARFoundation, ARCoreXRPlugin, and ARKitXRPlugin are up to date but that hasn't solved this issue unfortunately.

Please let me know if you have any ideas or have this issue as well, or better yet have already solved it!

Attaching the XRGeneralBuildProcessor.cs

Attached Files:

2. BEFaughnan

BEFaughnan

Even setting the buildTargetName to iOS explicitly doesn't seem to work.

Code (CSharp):
    1. string buildTargetName = "iOS";

3. BEFaughnan

BEFaughnan

So, I've narrowed it down to the ARFoundation package. If I install the ARFoundation package even in a clean project I start getting the error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. XRGeneralBuildProcessor.cs(39,52): error CS0117: 'BuildPipeline' does not contain a definition for 'GetBuildTargetName'
    Unity 2020.1.11f1
    ARFoundation 3.1.10

4. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Connected with the team on this. So, ARFoundation does not support ARCore on iOS devices.

A user here discovered a solution you might give a shot.