Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Isometric z as y tilemap sorting issues

Discussion in '2D' started by Ziamor, May 13, 2019.

1. Ziamor

Ziamor

I'm trying to get my player character to correctly sort, but there are points on the ground where it will render the ground on top of the player. I have set the custom sort axis to (0,1,-0.26) and set the players z position to 1 and added sorting group.

Attached Files:

2. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

I assume the ground is made up of Tiles in a Tilemap? It looks like these Tiles have their Sprites with the pivots set to the center, could you try setting it up at the bottom center instead?

3. Ziamor

Ziamor

I gave that a shot and it made things even worse. I had the pivots before at 50% and 25% for both the tiles and the player. I changed it to Bottom Center for the tiles and the problem was still there, and then I made the player also Bottom Center and still having issues. I'm not sure if this is the proper way, but I have the player Z pos at 1, increasing it more does help but then it causes problems with walls at the same level as the player.

4. dmariaa

dmariaa

I am having exactly the same problem, same parameters. Unity 2019.1.3f1.

5. dmariaa

dmariaa

Hi! Have you got to solve this problem? I am still fighting it, not sure about the best workflow to make it work..

Kind regards

David