Search Unity

Isometric view

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by sly_88, Jul 10, 2018.

1. sly_88

sly_88

hi guys,
    I would like to create a game with 2d ground and 3d elements like walls and etc. I would like to achieve a similar effect like on screen (left screen, right current effect). Is it possible to achieve it using Cinemashine components?

I have 2D ground (Sprite Rendered) and 3D Walls (.obj)

I did a few tests but the effect is not good and still looking for a good solution. Maybe you have some advice for me

best

Attached Files:

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Switch your Camera to Orthographic and position the vcams so that they are looking straight at the ground. Use the Framing Transposer to move the vcams around, and leave the Aim at Do Nothing, so the vcams will never rotate.

shekalo likes this.
  3. sly_88

sly_88

hi @Gregoryl thank you for your response.

I added CinemachineVirtuaCamera (2D camera) component to my game and looks good but still, I have a problem with archive isometric view. when I rotate the camera (x angle, for example - 45) the walls looks good but rest objects looks weird I attached screen.

Attached Files:

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Sorry if I'm being a little thick but I can't tell what's going on in your picture. I also am having trouble understanding what you're trying to do, and how you want the 2D/3D to blend. Why don't you just do it all in 2D?