Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Isometric Tilemap Sorting issues

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by GoldenSkullArt, Sep 13, 2018.

1. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

You may want to try changing the pivot of the Sprites in the Grass Tile to the bottom center of the Grass portion. This will allow the Grass tiles to be sorted accordingly with the block.

LeonhardP likes this.
  2. Sylmerria

Sylmerria

I will try tonight.
    But you mean all ours sprites need to have pivot set in bottom center what ever ?

3. Sylmerria

Sylmerria

That doesn't work at all :( And if I set grass pivot to top center, sorting is "broken".
    So I definively don"t know how solve this problem

Edit: Is it expected to have a good order to dynamically set Z position value ? Because it seems work like that but it's hard

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  4. bartuq

bartuq

Hello,
    I have both layers at the same level for my player and tilemap (picture 1 and 2). What if I want at the same time make my player visible at the stairs (picture 3). Is it possible?
    EDIT: Solved with Sprite Sort Point

It would also be nice to have Z Position as a float instead of integer.

stairs2D.png

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  5. rushk1

rushk1

Could you please explain how you did it ?

6. bartuq

bartuq

Same Order in Layer for effect like in the picture 1 and 2, Pivot set as Custom, Sprite Sort Point set as Pivot.
    Example:
    - player and stairs, Order in Layer 1
    - grass tiles, Order in Layer 0
    Effect 3 on the stairs (picture 3), sometimes will be ok, sometimes not. It's depending from which side the player will go up the stairs. So I think the best way is change Order in Layer to +1 for him, and when walk down from them change to -1.

I see the potential in the Isometric support for 2D Tilemap, but working with it requires some tricks.
    LINK

I'm working on a custom brush for 2D Isometric, based on LINK, painting prefabs on the Grid. Placeholder graphics (Ultima Online) for testing purposes only.
    MapEditor.png

rushk1 likes this.