Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Isometric rule tile not working in a way that makes sense to me

Discussion in '2D' started by tomzigza, May 16, 2020.

1. tomzigza

tomzigza

Hopefully somebody can help me understand what I am doing wrong. First time using rule tiles. Screenshot shows what I have setup. White dot is the catch all tile just so I can see whats going on.

My rule tile has 3 rules, if a wall is running nw to se it shows a wall, this is working in the top example which has 3 of my rule tiles in a row diagonally.

My 2nd rule is if its a corner shape, put the corner piece. This is working as expected in the bottom left example.

Where I don't get what is happening is after the corner shape, I added one more tile. Now beside my corner I now have 3 in a row diagonally. Why is it not using the diagonal wall like the one in the top right? If I put another one after that it does put a wall in the next space, leaving one blank. Its almost like the corner piece doesn't count as one of my rule tiles even though it is.
    Why.jpg

2. tomzigza

tomzigza

Just as I posted this i understand why. The one on the opposite side of the corner is blocking the wall rule because its not blank.